Floating in a floatation tank (I'm hoping to do this in London during the February half term)
- Reading at least 10 books from the BBC Big Read list (if I read 10 a year, I'll have the whole 200 knocked off in the next 12-13 years!) - still haven't done anything about this one.
- Taking at least one photo every day of the year (this will improve my photography skills, be a photo-diary of 'year in my life', and help me to learn to use my new camera) - I've taken lots of photos whilst I've been on holiday, but not the rest of the month. I'm seeing a pattern here - I'm good at taking photos when I have leisure time but not in my day-to-day life.
- Coming up with a fitness plan and sticking to it (the start of my training for Kilimanjaro, though I may not actually climb it for several years yet) - I did a couple of walks on the Cotswold Way
- Leading at least 4 of my own walks (good practice for my walking group leader's qualification) - not led any walks, but I've done a bit more walking
- Buying another house (need to get my finances in order first) - nothing done towards this yet.
- Learning to use at least 3 new pieces of technology or computer programmes (not counting my new camera) - I've been taking lots of short video clips. I want to put them together using something like 'moviemaker'.
- Doing a writing course (depends on the length of the course whether I'd complete it in the year or not) - I keep carrying lesson 1 of my course around with me and then not getting the time or motivation to do any work on it.
Getting at least one piece of writing published (paid or unpaid, as long as someone else makes the decision to publish it and it's not self-published)
- Making a start on sorting out my photos (putting the prints that are currently still stuffed in packets into albums and getting all my photos scanned into the computer - no way will this be completed in a year, but I'll feel good even if I get started on it) - I seem to have got distracted with developing a book database so I can see the photos having to wait until next year.
Buying a car/van that I can sleep in(and doing any necessary conversions/adaptations) - I've now had a second week camping in my van and have even figured out how to use it as a shower! I'm fairly certain now about what I want doing to it, but it will have to wait until I get back from the Hebrides.
- Getting into cycling (even if it's just short cycles along decent paths) - I was thinking of taking my bike to the Hebrides, now I'm not so sure. I still want to but my dad has stored it in rather an inaccessible place and I may not be able to get it in time.
Wednesday, 1 August 2012
July 2012 Twelve Review
I've done a little better this month than I did last month, but still got lots to do if I want to get them all ticked off by the end of the year.
Posted by inverted sheep at 18:58