Floating in a floatation tank (I'm hoping to do this in London during the February half term)
- Reading at least 10 books from the BBC Big Read list (if I read 10 a year, I'll have the whole 200 knocked off in the next 12-13 years!) - still haven't done anything about this one.
- Taking at least one photo every day of the year (this will improve my photography skills, be a photo-diary of 'year in my life', and help me to learn to use my new camera) - As I've been on holiday all month I've taken loads of photos and had not problem taking photos each day until right at the end of the month when I came home. Then I forgot all about it.
- Coming up with a fitness plan and sticking to it (the start of my training for Kilimanjaro, though I may not actually climb it for several years yet) - I've done lots of walking over the past month in the Outer Hebrides. Nothing too strenuous, but at least I've been getting exercise.
- Leading at least 4 of my own walks (good practice for my walking group leader's qualification) - I've still not led any walks, but at least I've done lots of walking.
- Buying another house (need to get my finances in order first) - nothing done towards this yet.
- Learning to use at least 3 new pieces of technology or computer programmes (not counting my new camera) - I've been getting to grips with using my new tablet. It's very different to my laptop and Office so it's taken a lot of trial and error, but I'm getting there.
- Doing a writing course (depends on the length of the course whether I'd complete it in the year or not) - I took lesson 1 of my writing course to the Outer Hebrides with me but did nothing on it.
Getting at least one piece of writing published (paid or unpaid, as long as someone else makes the decision to publish it and it's not self-published)
- Making a start on sorting out my photos (putting the prints that are currently still stuffed in packets into albums and getting all my photos scanned into the computer - no way will this be completed in a year, but I'll feel good even if I get started on it) - Haven't been home to do anything about this.
Buying a car/van that I can sleep in(and doing any necessary conversions/adaptations) - I've lived in my van for the past month, sleeping in it every night. I love it. I feel I've got the feel of it now and I'm ready to get it converted. I know exactly what I want, I just have to find someone to do it for me.
- Getting into cycling (even if it's just short cycle rides along decent paths) - I didn't get to do anything about this, though when my brother arrived from Germany at the end of the month, he brought me the panniers I'd bought when I was over there at Easter. So I'm getting all the equipment together, now I just have to get out and cycle!
Tuesday, 4 September 2012
2012 Twelve August Review
I've done a few relevant things this month, but still nowhere near enough to be confident of ticking everything off by the end of the year.
Posted by inverted sheep at 22:24